How to Turn On Automatic App Updates
When a new update is available for apps installed on your device, you can automatically install the updates by adjusting the settings on your device itself. Updating your apps will make sure you have all the latest features available and will optimize app performance.
iPhone and iPad Instructions
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on iTunes & App Stores.
- Slide the toggle bar from left to right to turn Updates "on".
- To turn Updates "off", slide the bar from right to left.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars to open the menu list (top left).
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Under General, tap Auto-update apps.
- To turn updates "on", choose Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only, (or Auto-update apps at any time).
- To turn updates "off", choose Do not auto-update apps.